Metatrader 4 Trading
Bring your trading style and strategies to life with MetaTrader 4 (MT4) – the leading platform for expert investors. Available on desktop, browser, Android and iOS devices, use it to execute your trades wherever you are, whenever you like.Open a MT4 Account
MT4: Trading made easier With FXOpen
At FXOpen, we were the first broker to offer direct access to interbank liquidity and ECN trading via the award-winning MetaTrader 4 trading platform. It ensures instant and error-free execution of your trades – all at the very best prices. The MT4 platform is the world's most popular trading platform and is ideal for new and experienced traders alike. You'll benefit from a wide range of fully customisable features and advanced technical analysis.
For an enhanced trading experience, sign up to FXOpen and open a MT4 trading account today.
FXOpen and MetaTrader 4: Why trade with us?
- Trade multiple markets on one single MT4 platform. With us as your MT4 broker, you can use one trading platform to trade forex, commodity, share, index and cryptocurrency CFDs*. It's trading made quick, simple, and effective.
- Regulated and authorised for your protection. FXOpen is a regulated MetaTrader 4 broker. We’re fully authorised by ASIC in Australia and keep client money in segregated Australian bank accounts.
- Highly customisable to suit your unique trading needs Tailor the MT4 platform to work with your individual trading style and strategies. Download MT4 with FXOpen to get complete control at all times.
- Multiple manual trading options: Place your trades directly from the chart. Make three types of order – market, limit, and stop. Or use trailing stops and one-click trading to make the most of your opportunities.
- Easy access to automated trading. MT4 gives you the freedom to download and use ready-made scripts and expert advisors. You can also create a custom indicator or script based on your very own trading strategy.
- Use analysis to make informed decisions. Using MetaTrader 4 online can help you increase your trading knowledge. Use 50+ built-in indicators and graphic tools for technical analysis, quotes history centre, strategy tester, and news.
MetaTrader 4: Features and Functions
- User Experience: The MT4 platform is for investors who need to find information and analysis in an instant. With its user-friendly interface, it's fast and easy to get started.
- Smaller Lot Sizes: As a MetaTrader 4 broker, we can help you manage your potential risks by offering minimum transaction sizes as low as 0.01 lots.
- Interactive Charts: Need data from a specific time period? Want to find insights that help you decide? MT4 trader charts can be edited and tailored to show what you need to see.
- Add-ons & Indicators: Enhance the MT4 trading platform with a choice of extra add-ons and indicators from third parties that best suit your styles and strategies.
- Expert Advisors: Take the effort out of trading with MT4's Expert Advisors. With these robots, you can take positions based on algorithms that are informed by your strategy.
- 'Try Before You Buy': You can sign up to a Demo Account to practise your strategies. Once you're up and running, you can then trade for real with a Live Account.
How Do I Access MT4?
an application that is downloaded onto your computer and has the full range and functionality of the MT4 trading platform.Download
Access via a web browser with no need to download the desktop platform.Download
MT4 for iPhone
Trade on your iOS smartphone and tablet from anywhere that hosts an internet connection.Download
MT4 for Android
Trade on your Android smartphone and tablet from anywhere that hosts an internet connection.Download
How Do I Access MT4?
MT4 WebTrader: Access via a web browser with no need to download the desktop platform.
How to open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen
For live accounts, the sign-up process is quick and simple:
- Pick the type of account that's right for you: personal, joint, or corporate
- Let us know about your previous trading experience
- Provide details about your current financial status
- Check that all your personal information is correct
Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to download the MT4 platform. You can also visit the web browser-based platform to access your account.
Already have a demo account? It's easy to start trading for real with us as your MT4 broker. All you need to do is create a live account and add funds. Your MT4 details will remain the same.
What is MetaTrader 4?
MetaTrader 4 is a dynamic trading platform that first launched in 2005 and is now used by millions of investors worldwide. It includes a server and client. The server is run by FXOpen as your MT4 broker and we provide the client software to you when you sign up with us.
The MT4 platform was created by MetaQuotes Software and is most often associated with forex trading. But it can also be used by traders in other markets using CFDs with FXOpen, which is one reason why you may find us the best MetaTrader 4 broker. Thanks to its ease of use and custom features, it is now the world's leading trading platform.
How to use MetaTrader 4
MT4 is based on Microsoft Windows and is designed to be quick to learn and easy to use. To start, simply open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen. Once you have chosen the version that best suits your device, you're ready to start using its various features.
- Open a position by creating a new order from the Tools menu
- Check/close positions in the Terminal window via the View menu.
- Change stops/limits from the Trade tab of the Terminal window.
What can you trade with the MT4 platform?
For many people who think of MT4, forex is the first thing that comes to mind. But we make it possible to trade in other markets too. Use the MT4 platform with FXOpen to trade shares, commodities or indices via CFDs.
What are the risks of using MT4?
The MT4 platform is designed to meet the highest security standards. You can rest assured that it's safe to trade on MT4 with FXOpen.
There are still risks to be aware of when investing capital, just as there are in any form of trading. It’s important to never expose yourself to losses you can't afford.
How much does the MT4 trading platform cost?
The MT4 platform is free to download and use. All costs associated with the platform are met by FXOpen as your MetaTrader 4 broker. You'll only ever pay for any losses made during trading, as well as our commission on your opening and closing positions.
What is MT4 VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. For the MT4 trading platform, this is where an online version is provided to you. Low latency and consistent connections are just two advantages of a VPS. It ensures that algorithms can run around the clock even if you're not using the platform itself.
We offer a free VPS to our clients who trade more than 100 lots per calendar month. For a full overview of the benefits and our terms and conditions, see the FXOpen Forex VPS page.
A VPS does not affect the functionality of MT4, and nor will it restrict any access to your markets.
Where can I get more information about the MT4 platform?
It's easy to find out more about the MT4 trading platform with FXOpen.
From how to trade forex using MetaTrader 4 to other market-specific queries, explore our Knowledge Base to find the answers you need.
If you still need support, feel free to talk to a member of our team. You can get in touch by phone and email. Or you may prefer to use our live chat service, which runs from 8am to 6pm, five days a week.
*Cryptocurrency CFDs are only available for trading by those clients categorised as Professional clients under ASIC Rules. They are not available for trading by Retail clients.