MT4: Trading made easier With FXOpen EU
For an enhanced trading experience, sign up to FXOpen and open a MT4 trading account today.
FXOpen EU and MetaTrader 4: Why trade with us?
Trade multiple markets on one single MT4 platform
With us as your MT4 broker, you can use one trading platform to trade forex, commodity, share, index, and cryptocurrency CFDs. It's trading made quick, simple, and effective.
Regulated and authorised for your protection
FXOpen EU is authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and holds a cross border license, authorizing the company to provide services to all European Union Member States.
Highly customisable to suit your unique trading needs
Tailor the MT4 trading platform to work with the individual style and strategies that are best for you. Signing up to MT4 with FXOpen puts you in complete control at all times.
Multiple manual trading options
Place your trades directly from the chart. Make three types of order – market, limit, and stop. Or use trailing stops and one-click trading to make the most of your opportunities.
Easy access to automated trading
MT4 gives you the freedom to download and use ready-made scripts and expert advisors. You can also create a custom indicator or script based on your very own trading strategy.
Use analysis to make informed decisions
MT4 can help you increase your trading knowledge. Use 50+ built-in indicators and graphic tools for technical analysis, quotes history centre, strategy tester, and news.
MetaTrader 4: Features and Functions
- User Experience: The MT4 platform is for investors who need to find information and analysis in an instant. With its user-friendly interface, it's fast and easy to get started.
- Smaller Lot Sizes: As a MT4 broker, we can help you manage your potential risks by offering minimum transaction sizes as low as 0.01 lots.
- Interactive Charts: Need data from a specific time period? Want to find insights that help you decide? MT4 charts can be edited and tailored to show what you need to see.
- Add-ons & Indicators: Enhance the MT4 trading platform with a choice of extra add-ons and indicators from third parties that best suit your styles and strategies.
- Expert Advisors: Take the effort out of trading with MT4's Expert Advisors. With these robots, you can take positions on the markets based on algorithms informed by you.
- 'Try Before You Buy': At FXOpen, you can sign up to a Demo Account to practise your strategies. Once you're up and running, you can then trade for real with a Live Account.
MT4 download: How to get the platform
How to open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen EU
To open a MT4 trading account, the first thing to do is sign up with FXOpen. This can be a live FXOpen account or a demo account to see how it all works.
For live accounts, the sign-up process is quick and simple:
- Pick the type of account that's right for you: personal, joint, or corporate
- Let us know about your previous trading experience
- Provide details about your current financial status
- Check that all your personal information is correct
After completing the sign-up process, you'll receive a PIN code. Make a note of this because it'll be needed when you withdraw or transfer funds between accounts.
Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to download the MT4 platform. Alternatively, visit the web browser-based platform to access your account.
Already have a demo account? It's easy to start trading for real with us as your MT4 broker. All you need to do is create a live account and add funds. Your MT4 details will still be the same.
What is MetaTrader 4?
Used by millions of investors worldwide, MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is a dynamic trading platform that first
launched in 2005.
It includes a server and client. The server is run by FXOpen as your MT4 broker – and we provide the
client software to you when you sign up with us.
The MT4 platform was created by MetaQuotes Software and is most often associated with forex trading. It can, however, be used by traders in other markets using CFDs with FXOpen. Thanks to its ease of use and custom features, it is now the world's leading trading platform.
How to use MetaTrader 4
Based on Microsoft Windows, MT4 is designed to be quick to learn and easy to use. To start, it's first necessary to open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen. Once you have chosen the version that best suits your device, you're ready to start using its various features and functions.
- Open a position by creating a new order from the Tools menu.
- Check/close positions in the Terminal window via the View menu.
- Change stops/limits from the Trade tab of the Terminal window.
What can you trade with the MT4 platform?
For many people who think of MT4, forex is the first thing that comes to mind. With FXOpen, it is possible to trade in other markets too. Use the MT4 platform with us to trade shares, commodities, or indices via CFDs.
What are the risks of using MT4?
As a trading platform, MT4 is designed to meet the highest security standards. So, you can rest assured that it's safe to use when trading with FXOpen. There are still risks to be aware of when investing capital – like in any form of trading. Never expose yourself to losses you can't afford.
How much does the MT4 trading platform cost?
The MT4 trading platform is free to download and use. All costs associated with the platform are met by FXOpen as your MT4 broker. You'll only ever pay for any losses made during trading, as well as our commission on your opening and closing positions.
What is MT4 VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. For the MT4 trading platform,
it is where an online version is provided to you. Low latency and consistent
connections are just two VPS benefits.
It ensures that algorithms can run around the clock – even if you're not using the platform itself.
FXOpen offers a free VPS to our clients who trade more than 100 lots per calendar month. For a full overview of the benefits and our terms and conditions, see the FXOpen Forex VPS page.
A VPS does not affect the functionality of MT4. Nor will it restrict any access to your markets.
Where can I get more information about the MT4 platform?
It's easy to find out more about the MT4 trading platform with FXOpen.
Feel free to explore our Knowledge Base to find the answers you need. If you still need support, you're more than welcome to talk to a member of our team. You can get in touch by phone and email. Or you may prefer to use our live chat service, which is open from 9am to 8pm, five days a week.