MT5: Smooth trading with FXOpen
So, why choose MT5 for trading in Hong Kong across global markets? MetaTrader 5 is a powerful upgrade from MT4, delivering a multi-asset platform for trading forex, futures, stocks and CFDs. The MT5 platform enables you to hedge and net, delivering more technical indicators and insights with a wider number of time frames and market depth.
FXOpen and MetaTrader 5: Why trade with us?
A customisable experience
Tailoring the FXOpen MT5 platform to work with your style and strategies is quick and easy. Sign up to MT5 with us to put yourself in complete control of every trade you make.
At home or on the go – 24/7
Whether you’re using the MetaTrader 5 platform at home or you’re trading on the go, you’ll find there's no limit to where and when you can execute your trades. Take your pick from desktop, web-based and mobile versions of the MT5 trading platform – whichever works for you.
Access to automated trading
Download and use ready-made scripts and expert advisors with MT5. It’s also possible to create a custom indicator or script based on your trading strategy.
Make informed decisions with analytic assistance
MetaTrader 5 can help you develop your trading knowledge. A variety of built-in indicators and graphic tools are available for technical analysis to help you make your next trade, plus there’s the strategy tester, quotes history centre and all the latest market news.
MetaTrader 5: Key features and functions
Here are some of the key features and functions available on the powerful MetaTrader 5 platform:
Create expert advisors without the need for programming skills:
– Algorithmic trading allows you to trade the markets using trading robots (expert advisors), without you having direct involvement in every trade.– MetaTrader Market is a built-in online store. Here, you can find a variety of trading robots and indicators to choose from.– MT5 has an MQL market and code base with thousands of ready-made expert advisors, indicators and scripts.
- Trade and amend orders direct from charts: This allows you to be responsive to price movements as they happen.
- MT5 trading signals: Learn from the best when you follow the moves of successful traders. by subscribing to a signal provider.
- Stop limit orders: Execute this feature without negative slippage.
- Choice of accounts: When you use MT5, you have the choice of two order accounting systems: netting and hedging.
- Mobile trading: Trade on the go from the MT5 app using your iOS or Android device.
- Virtual hosting: Experience 24/7 trading through a VPS that does not require your PC to be turned on.
- Fundamental analysis tools: These are available in MT5. The economic calendar and financial news keep you up to date with market developments.
- Multi-currency strategy tester.
Professional technical analysis. The platform allows you to:
– Have 100 charts open simultaneously– Track price movements using 21 time frames– AAnalyse the market with over 80 technical indicators
MetaTrader 5 download: How to get the platform
How to open an MT5 trading account with FXOpen
When you log on, follow the on-screen prompts to access the MT5 platform download. Or, if you’d prefer, visit the browser-based platform to access your account.
For help and advice, check out our Knowledge Base. You can also get in touch with any questions you have.
How to use MetaTrader 5
Based on the Microsoft Windows interface, MT5 has been designed to be easy to understand and use – and setting up as a trader is effortless thanks to its recent powerful upgrades. To start, open an MT5 trading account with FXOpen. Once you’ve chosen the version that best suits your device, you can begin using its impressive features and functions.
- Open a position by creating a new order from the Tools menu.
- Check/close positions in the Terminal window via the View menu.
- Change stops/limits from the Trade tab of the Terminal window.
In addition, you can tailor your charts and add extra indicators that match your style of trading or strategy. Another popular MT5 feature is the reports and price alerts function.
What can you trade on the MetaTrader 5 platform?
If you’re trying to decide between an MT4 or MT5 platform, it’s worth knowing what the MT5 offers. The MT5 platform makes it possible to trade not only in forex but other markets too. Use the MT5 platform with us to trade everything from shares and commodities to CFDs and cryptocurrency*. Additionally, MT5 is a faster, smarter platform, taking the high-end features of MT4 and enhancing them to make this a premium trading platform.
Are there risks to using the MT5 platform?
MT5 has been designed to meet the highest security standards, so it’s safe to use whatever instruments you’re trading in. However, there are risks to be aware of when trading on the markets and you should never expose yourself to losses you can’t afford.
How much does the MT5 platform cost?
It’s free to download and use the MT5 platform. Costs associated with MT5 are met by FXOpen as your MT5 brokers. As a client, you’ll never lose more than you deposit thanks to our negative balance protection.
Where can I get more information about MT5?
Want to know more about the MetaTrader 5 platform with FXOpen? Explore our Knowledge Base to find the answers you need. If you still need support, you can speak to a member of our team. Get in touch by phone or email, or our live chat service is available from 1pm to 1am Hong Kong time, five days a week.
*Cryptocurrency CFDs are only available for trading by those clients categorised as Professional clients under FCA Rules. They are not available for trading by Retail clients.