MT4: UAE trading made easier With FXOpen
For an enhanced trading experience, sign up to FXOpen and open a MT4 trading account today.
FXOpen and MetaTrader 4: Why trade with us?
Highly customisable to suit your unique trading needs
Tailor the MT4 trading platform to work best for your strategy. Signing up to MT4 in the UAE with FXOpen puts you in complete control at all times.
Multiple manual trading options
Place your trades directly from the chart. Make three types of order – market, limit and stop. Or use trailing stops and one-click trading to make the most of your opportunities.
Easy access to automated trading
MT4 download gives you the freedom to use ready-made scripts and expert advisors. You can also create a custom indicator or script based on your very own trading strategy.
Use analysis to make informed decisions
MetaTrader4 can help you increase your trading knowledge. Use 50+ built-in indicators and graphic tools for technical analysis, quotes history centre, strategy tester, and news.
MetaTrader 4: Features and Functions
- User Experience: The MT4 platform is for investors who need to find information and analysis in an instant. With its user-friendly interface, it's quick and easy to get started.
- Smaller Lot Sizes: We can help you manage your potential risks by offering minimum transaction sizes as low as 0.01 lots.
- Interactive Charts: Need data from a specific time period? Want to find insights that help you decide? MT4 charts can be edited and tailored to show what you need to see.
- Add-ons & Indicators: Enhance the MT4 trading platform with a choice of extra add-ons and indicators from third parties that best suit your styles and strategies.
- Expert Advisors: Take the effort out of trading with MT4's Expert Advisors. With these robots, you can take positions on markets based on algorithms informed by you.
- 'Try Before You Buy': You can sign up to a demo account to hone your strategies. Once you're up and running, you can then trade for real with a live account.
MT4 download: How to get the platform
How to open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen
For live accounts, the sign-up process is quick and simple:
- Pick the type of account that's right for you: personal, joint, or corporate
- Let us know about your previous trading experience
- Provide details about your current financial status
- Check that all your personal information is correct
After completing the sign-up process, you'll receive a PIN code. Make a note of this because it'll be needed when you withdraw or transfer funds between accounts.
For a detailed, step-by-step guide to opening an FXOpen account, visit our Knowledge Base.
Once logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to download the MT4 platform. Alternatively, visit the web browser-based platform to access your account.
Already have a demo account? It's easy to start trading for real with us. All you need to do is create a live account and add funds. Your MT4 details will still be the same.
What is MetaTrader 4?
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is used by millions worldwide having first launched in 2005. It includes a server and client. The server is run by FXOpen as your MT4 broker – and we provide the client software when you sign up.
The MT4 platform was created by MetaQuotes Software. It is most often associated with forex trading but it can be used in other markets with FXOpen. Thanks to its ease of use and custom features, it is now the world's leading trading platform.
How to use MetaTrader 4
Based on Microsoft Windows, MT4 is designed to be quick to learn and easy to use. To get started, you need to open a MT4 trading account with FXOpen. Once you have chosen the version that best suits your device, you're ready to start using its various features.
- Open a position by creating a new order from the Tools menu.
- Check/close positions in the Terminal window via the View menu.
- Change stops/limits from the Trade tab of the Terminal window.
You can always tailor your MT4 live data and add extra indicators to suit your trading style or strategy. You can also access reports and price alerts.
What can you trade with the MT4 platform?
For many people, forex is the first thing that comes to mind when they think of MT4. But with FXOpen, it’s possible to trade other instruments too. Use MT4 in the UAE and trade shares, commodities, or indices via CFDs.
Cryptocurrency trading is also available to professional clients only.
What are the risks of using MT4?
The MT4 trading platform is designed to meet the highest security standards, so you can rest assured that it's safe to use with FXOpen. Of course, there are still risks to be aware of when investing capital – like in any form of trading – and you should never expose yourself to losses you can't afford.
How much does the MT4 trading platform cost?
The MT4 trading platform is free to download and use. All costs associated with the platform are met by FXOpen. You'll only ever pay for any losses made during trading, as well as commission owed on your opening and closing positions.
What is MT4 VPS?
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. For the MT4 trading platform, it is where an online version is provided to you. Low latency and consistent connections are just two benefits of a VPS. It ensures that algorithms can run 24/7 – even when you're not using the platform.
FXOpen offers a free VPS to clients who trade more than 100 lots per calendar month. For a full overview of the benefits and our terms and conditions, see the FXOpen Forex VPS page.
A VPS does not affect the functionality of MT4. Nor will it restrict any access to your markets.
Where can I get more information about using MT4 in the UAE?
It's easy to find out more about the MT4 trading platform with FXOpen.
You can explore our Knowledge Base to find the answers you need and if you still need support, feel free to talk to a member of our team. You can get in touch by phone and email. Or you may prefer to use our live chat service, which is open from 6am to 6pm, five days a week.
*Cryptocurrency CFDs are only available for trading by those clients categorised as Professional clients under FCA Rules. They are not available for trading by Retail clients.